small glass "rocks"
black felt tipped pen
2 pieces pretty paper (small designs work best)
black card stock
round magnets (available at Staples or most craft stores)
hot glue and glue gun
small sharp scissors
1. Test your black pen to make sure gel medium doesn't cause it to bleed.
2. Draw tiny elephant onto index card. Cut out. Place the tiny stencil onto pretty paper and outline with black pen. Lift stencil and add any necessary lines.
3. Gel medium down onto sheet of pretty paper.
4. Coat flat side of glass rock with gel medium (I put a fair amount on) and then place so that tiny elephant is in the middle. Push down and jiggle around firmly so that the gel medium evens out.
5. Allow to dry thoroughly. (Overnight is your safest bet)
6. Carefully cut paper out around the edge of the glass rock.
7. Gel medium rock onto a black piece of paper. Allow to dry. Cut out.
8. Hot glue a magnet to the back.
Alternate possibilities: use pressed flowers, fabric, tiny pictures, letters, bits from magazines to create a whole assortment of magnets.